Old July 14th 13, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
UN

Default Heavy hand again?

http://pro.kpq-am.tritonflex.com/upl...1313glider.mp3

An audio interview stating that the pilot would not tell them who he was or who owned the glider and they did not learn that until they placed him under arrest and located his licenses. At Region 9 Moriarty this year we had a safety talk from J.D. Huss with the ABQ FSDO in which he provided an outline of what can be requested during a ramp check or similar situation(land out)and by whom. Local law enforcement may request information from you if you're in their jurisdiction.

You do have the right to remain silent but from my layman's understanding, Miranda Rights can be given as handcuffs are being slapped on your wrists. I think the lesson should be to cooperate with local authorities if you have nothing to hide and try to educate them and the owner of that nice field you just landed in.