Old October 15th 14, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LXNAV V7 - Reviews?

Hey all, I'm considering get an LX7 as well and wanted to get people's feedback on it. I just bought a new ship and will likely gut the panel as it is way cluttered, redundant and unergonomic and replace half of it. What I'm looking for is a nice audio vario w/ audio speed command, an averager and a netto function. I don't need any kind of navigation/GPS functions really as the Oudie takes care of that nicely. In my current glider I have an LX1600 connected to an Oudie which although was a complete pain in the ass to set up, once I got it up and running, it does that job nicely in a small 2 1/4" box, so I'm looking for something comparable.
First off, is the little integrated color screen really sunlight readable at max brightness? As in brighter than an Oudie sunlight readable screen (which I think is still slightly hard to see in sun).
About a connection to an Oudie/SeeYouMobile. Does it transfer things like MC settings, bugs, water, etc.... back and forth between the Oudie and the vario so you don't have to adjust MC setting twice on 2 different instruments? How about setting current waypoint in the Oudie transfer over to the vario such that you can get distance/altitude needed info on the vario?

Thanks,
Omri