Old May 19th 20, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Live Streaming Gliding this Summer

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 5:20:53 PM UTC-6, Monte Carbo wrote:
Soaring is very weather dependent. Even if you could make it to every state in the allotted 50 days, you are bound to run into bad weather along the way, which would be a no-go. You would need to somehow plan that in to your trip.

Thanks for the response, John. For clarification, I don't intend to glide to/in all 50 states as my traveling will be done by road. My vision was to visit someone on this forum in the afternoon and to take either myself or just the camera up for a flight. You're definitely right about the weather consideration though. Would this be something that you would be interested in helping me with, weather permitting?

I would certainly be interested. However, I too only have a single seater. I live in MT in an area where I'm struggling to even get a tow pilot. There is only one other glider pilot that flies in my area with any kind of regularity, and he flies motor gliders. And he doesn't do social media. Then there is the issue of work schedule, as I don't work in the aviation industry, so my time to fly is limited. But, if everything lines up, I'd be happy to take a camera up in my glider, assuming I had a tow-pilot available as well. And if I had a two-seater, I'd be happy to take you up as well, for however long the weather cooperated, or my schedule allowed, or either of our bladders could handle.