Old September 25th 03, 07:33 PM
Scott Correa

"chris" wrote in message
om...
The Forester's tires are Yokohama Geolander G900 P215/60 R16 94H.
Even in normal driving the steering response and cornering are poor.
[Other Foresters may be equipped with 15" tires, and other models of
Geolander tires - rather than the G900].

Chris.
My Tahoe on Geolanders (nice tire) handles very poorly at less than
44 psi all 4 corners. This is a truck rated tire and very succeptable to
underfilled type of problems. The symptoms sound like low tire pressure.
First, have a tire shop check the pressures. THEN use your gauge to make
sure
it is in the ballpark. I've seen cheapo gauges read way off after being
dropped,
not to mention not being very close to begin with.

Does your hitch have sufficient drop. If you are using the same
reciever/ball
you probably need to change top a lower dropped unit. If the ball is too
high
and the trailer is appreciably "nose up" they seem to want to oscillate
back and forth
without much provocation.

Just thiinking out loud................

Scott Correa