Old June 12th 04, 04:49 PM
Dan D

seems to me that a chute large enough to carry the pilot and glider would be
the best bet.
forget the bailout. if for whatever reason you fly yourself into a situation
or midair and crash is inevitable, deploy, save yourself as well as the
glider.

"." wrote in message
om...
I went for a ride in a glider many years ago and was immediately taken

with
the whole experience. I have always wanted to fly and now have the time

do it as I am finished with my skydiving career. Before I sell my rigs I
wanted to ask a question. Do any of you wear pilot rigs? Before I trade
some gear for a pilot rig....what is the reality of actually getting out

of
a glider if you have a structural failure or something catastrophic? I am

realist and can accept the fact there are inherent risks up there believe
me, but I don't want to buy a rig if it's a mute point. Do any of you

wear
rigs? Thanks for the advice.