Old July 1st 03, 04:07 AM
Richard Lamb

Default Adjustable prop experience?

Well, I have a Fred Serba 68 x 68 which is probably a reasonable
compromise between climb and cruise. Not very heavy either.

But to really get her going fast, more pitch drill sergent!

Richard

Don Lewis wrote:

So my question is - anybody here have any first hand experience
with this kind of set up? What engine / prop combinations work
well? ANd what didn't?

Warp? Ivo? who else?

Check with Ray hegy, Marfa, TX.... He might be able to provide you with a
"scimitar" (SP?) prop that acts like a two position prop...I think I
remember one on his little red biplane he used to wake us with every morning
at dawn at the old Rockford,Ill. flyins..... I think Steve Whitman use one
on the buttercup and/or one of his early tailwinds... I think this phone no.
is still good.....Call Ray Hegy Propellers (915-729-4249)

Don Lewis n FTW