Old August 2nd 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default insane IMC

If there is visible lightning along your path, do not go there.

At night lightning is visible for a hundred miles, so don't let it (by
itself) spook you. But do consider all the other information. I once
saw a puffly little cumulous cloud (couldn't have been more than two
thousand feet thick) light up with lightning. I thought this quite odd,
but rather than penetrate I got cleared above it. Then I saw the
thunderstorm a hundred or so miles ahead, well beyond my destination.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.