Old June 14th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
tankfixer

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

In article , Zomby-
says...
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:43:48 -0500, Dan wrote:

Raymond O'Hara wrote:
snip
a big main force war isn't going to happen anytime in the next 50 years.

You may be willing to stake your life on that, I'm not. I have
history on my side. Since WW2 there were Korea, Viet Nam and Gulf War
where an air superiority fighter was a requirement. Iraq may not have
had the greatest air force, but they didn't exactly roll over either.

Actually they did, they rolled over & play dead or fled. There were
no attempts at any meaningful maintenance of Iraqi airspace by the
Iraqi's.

Never bet the next opponant will do as the last did.

I know it's never been proven but the Iraqi airfocre may have caught
that flle deises from the Mirage fighters they flew

--

"Oh Norman, listen! The loons are calling!"
- Katherine Hepburn, "On Golden Pond"