Old August 4th 03, 12:33 AM

Marco,

Didn't see this posted yet, but you can get a free quote online at the AOPA
insurance agency web site:

http://www.aopaia.com/

Occasionally they will not be able to give you an immediate quote, but they
usually follow up in a day or two via e-mail with the quote.

Just another data point for you: I'm based in northern NJ, I pay $980/yr for
my '70 PA28-140 with about $35K in hull insurance.

mark

"Marco Rispoli" wrote in message
news
I am looking into buying a plane (eventually). I am still training to

become
a pilot, so buying an airplane is probably many months away, but I want to
start looking into the economics of owning a plane ahead of time.

The type of plane that falls into my affordability range is a Piper

Warrior
or a Cessna 172 or a Grumman AA (all used, 30k-50k).

I ran through the AOPA cost estimator and I got reasonable figures for

most
of the things I will have to pay.

The only thing I can't get a ballpark for is insurance (what a surprise).

understand that coverage, type of plane, value of the plane, pilot's
experience and even the airport where the airplane is stationed can affect
the overall insurance cost. There's just too many factors involved to get

an
EXACT quote ... but I don't want an exact quote. I just want an

approximate
value for insurance cost so that I can get an idea of the total annual

costs
and I can start budgeting for it.

If any one here owns a plane in NJ or North-East in general (as a private
owner, for personal use only), could you give me an approximate figure of
what you pay annually for insurance?

Thank you

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA
You can read my flight training diary at