Old September 6th 10, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default Std Cirrus: Blue or Gray trim color ONLY!...why?

On Sep 5, 9:22*pm, GARY BOGGS wrote:
Haven't test by the military shown that anything other than all white
less visable?

Boggs

On Sep 5, 5:31*am, Scott Alexander
wrote:

After the multiple mid-airs we have had this year, I am wanting to add
some high-vis trim colors on the nose, wingtips and rudder. *How would
I go about getting approval for a high visibility color that isn't
blue or gray? *Or maybe there's a high visibility blue out there I can
use.

I think I heard that in Sweden that ALL sailplanes are required to
have "high visibility" wing tips, nose and tail. I know that several
imports from Sweden did come with such markings.

You might check with the manufacturer about how they meet the Sweden
requirements

Mike