Old February 25th 05, 08:33 PM
Gary Boggs

Default Alvord Desert Safari?

We are opening up our annual Alvord Desert Safari to any one interested in
joining us. The Alvord Desert is located in South Eastern Oregon, USA.
It's a dry lake, about 8 miles wide and 15 miles long, and we ground launch
to get airborne. There will be several instructors there if you want to get
a ground launch check out. The surface of the dry lake is 4000asl and the
Steens Mountain range rises abruptly out of the western edge to as high as
10,000asl. The soaring and scenery are fantastic!

Anyone interested contact me, we need to send in a request to the BLM and
tell them how many will be in our group.

Gary Boggs, CFIG
3650 Airport Drive
Hood River, OR
97031-9613