Old October 6th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default Backwash Causes Lift?

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

In electrical engineering, we have our own set of fundamental
principles. The "terminal" set of primitives governing electronics
(electrostatics and electrodynamics) is Maxwells Equations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_equation. [Ironically, during
his lifetime, Maxwell was also someone who was a leading expert on
aerodynamics. The notions of gradients, the Laplacian, and scalar
potentials have strong parallels in both fields.] In EE, we have out
own myths, like power lines causing brain cancer, but when they arise,
the experts work hard to show indisputable evidence, verifiable,
rigorous evidence to the contrary, to nip the non-sense in the bud.
We do still have areas of disputes, like what causes shot noise in
circuits [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_noise], but on the bread-
and-butter basics, you won't find a college-leve textbook speaking
untruth. So naturally I am extremely surprised to see this happening
in aerodynamics. You are, after all, the rocket scientists.

Really? Many books still can't agree on the definition of current.
Some say it is the movement of electrons and some say it is the movement
of positive charge and some say it us both. Which is the absolute
truth, Mr. Wizard?

Matt