Old April 28th 09, 10:05 PM
soaringtheskies soaringtheskies is offline
Junior Member

The LNAV, according to the manual, requires GPRMB and GPRMC sentences. I'm wanting to use as much of it's functionality as possible. I'm using an EW MicroRecorder as a logger, unfortunately although this can be used to supply a GPS signal to other things (it has it's own receiver) it does not transmit GPRMB sentences. So "all" I'm after is a GPS that will transmit both GPRMB and GPRMC sentences to my LNAV, it doesn't need to be able to log anything, although I see the point about needing something to transmit the next waypoint to it. Might end up putting that LX back in...there must be soemthing simpler out there though.

I'm also running SeeYou Mobile off a PDA, but I don't think there's any easy way of getting this to talk to the LNAV.