Old July 22nd 03, 03:28 PM
Ulrich

The building in question is the final assembly hall. It looks like it
was pretty well destroyed, but they were able to get some
gliders,wings,plus the ASK-16 motor glider out before the fire took
over. The damage is estimated at over 500,000 Euros. Fortunately, no
production facilities were affected. The employees will use their
upcoming holidays to repair the damage as much as possible or set up
temporary final assembly area.

It looks like the local fire brigades did an outstanding job in
containing the fire to the final assembly hall.

ojunk (Robertmudd1u) wrote in message ...
I have not been to the Schleicher factory in several years but as I recall the
building shown in in the photos on the newspaper web site is not one where
production is done. When I was there the production was in the multi-story
building behind the one shown in the photos.

Also the gliders shown in the photos are finished gliders and one is not even a
current production model. Was this building a repair or refinishing shop?

Anyone have a translation of the article, or other details?

Will DG now buy Schleicher? ;-)

Robert Mudd