Old August 21st 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Default IDAHO FATALITY

On Aug 21, 12:44*pm, Cookie wrote:
Sure looks like you guys have "hijacked" this thread and are, for some
reason, back on the "glider signals and radio thread again"

It was all pretty *much said in the earlier, long thread.............

Yes, but not every club or FBO has made the commitment to get radios
for all gliders & tow planes. I lost my best friend in a mid-air with
a tow plane that wasn't radio equipped, so the tow pilot didn't hear
the call that a glider was trying to land on the same runway at the
same time. I'm trying to get the SSA to recommend we all get radios
and I'll keep beating this drum until everyone has a radio.

As for this incident....I already see the blame being directed away
from the PIC.....some hint at the NTSB doing poor investigations...as
if that has anything to to with this......somebody else hinted that
the accident was "unavoidable"....Come on guys....

Nobody's saying it wasn't the PIC fault, we're trying to come up with
a way to break the tragic string of events that lead to the crash.
Radios would do just that!

I figured you all would come up with some reasons why this guys should
have been in radio contact with somebody...that would have prevented
the accident.

..
Yes, in contact with the tow plane right in front of him and trying
desperately to convey the message that YOUR SPOILERS ARE OPEN, what
better way to do this than by radio?

Or I expected you to come up with something like..."If only he had one
of those electronic angle of attack indicators, and an audible stall
warning (horn) and a visual stall warning (light) and some sort of
automatic yaw controller......"

Hmmmmm.....

Cookie

Cookie, I'm not just entertaining myself on a boaring Sunday
afternoon, I"M TRYING TO PREVENT THE NEXT ACCIDENT, what is your
purpose in posting?
JJ