Old August 19th 05, 02:11 PM

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.). wrote:
Neil Lawson was the team captain for the British team in the European
championships at Nitra, Slovakia in July.

He wrote the on-line reports , and of course took the photos; these maybe
found at
http://www.glidingteam.co.uk/competi...news-nitra.php

I think his messages make one of the best competition reports I have ever
read, and the pictures are of course superb.

I never met Neil, reading these reports helps me to understand why those who
knew him have been so hard hit.

I think the caption from the photo posted on the 20/7/05 says it all.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"2cernauta2" wrote in message

Dear All,

I hear from my Italian friends at the Junior's WGCs that the famous
soaring photographer Neil Lawson has died yesterday.
He was standing on the roof of his car, to get better pictures of the
finishing gliders. One of those gliders caught him.
The pilot involved is a British team mate, Ian Craigie. He has been
arrested.

Very sad news for the whole gliding world, for his friends and
relatives.

He will be missed

Aldo Cernezzi