Old March 15th 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default Seniors Contest

I don't understand and yes, maybe I would if I were to CM a contest.
But no, I still can't wrap my minuscule mind around the concept of not
posting scores as soon as they are available and as soon as internet
service is available.

Regarding posting the scores, may I make a proposal?

If the scorer can't upload the scores due to lack of internet service,
why not use a telephone, call someone who does live in internet land,
and say, "Hey Bob, the top three finishers for today were X, Y, and Z
in 18m and W8, B, and C in Club Class *Would you please post this
information on RAS (or even some pre-arranged deal with SSA to post to
their website.) Scores have been computed and will be posted when we
get internet service restored."

Or, "Hey Bob, please post to RAS (or, again, to the SSA website), that
we didn't fly today due to weather (or a called rest day.)"

How hard would that be? *Just throw us a bone out here and let us
know, briefly, if you flew or not, and maybe the top three finishers
for the day, AND LET US KNOW YOU WILL POST THE SCORES AS SOON AS THE
INTERNET (OR WHATEVER) IS BACK UP!!!

It's just frustrating in this day and age when no timely information
is provided. *NONE, NADA, ZIP.

Surely, there's a way to get some type of short message out quickly
("Tweeter"???)

Respectfully,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Correction: "Twitter" is what I meant to type.

Ray