Old January 17th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Douglas Paterson

Default Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

"Newps" wrote in message

The problem you're going to have with the Trinidad is parts. Nobody has
them in stock, everything always has to be ordered. That takes time and
expense. Plus they aren't very fast for what you're going to pay.

Please help me understand this. Are you saying that the Bo (for example)
has parts lying in stock at just about every FBO? I find that hard to
believe. The Socata folks are committed (they say) to a three-day maximum
delivery for parts not in stock (at their service centers--nearest to me is
Phoenix), with lots of stuff in stock "in the system" [source:
http://www.socata.org/html/upload.as...ir craft.pdf].
Is this significantly sub-standard to the situation with Beech parts?

Very fast vs $$? I don't follow. The Trins cruise around 160ktas at
12-14gph; the highest numbers I've seen for the Bo is 168ktas at the same
fuel burn. Slower (marginally), yes. Do I have bad numbers, or have I
missed something?

Thanks!
--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight