Old August 17th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Default Would you install lights?

wrote:
I don't generally fly at night, but have lights. I turn on the
flashers occasionally near airports to be seen. Sometimes on cross
countries (to OSH for example) I will take off before dawn to beat the
afternoon thermals and need the lights. Better to be prepared. Xponder
is also a "must" for any serious vfr flying.

On Aug 16, 9:44 pm, Lou wrote:
I'm getting close to covering my wings. I don't currently fly at night
and could even say that I have no intention on flying at night.
However I had no intention on getting married either. Would anyone
install lights anyway or just limit yourself to flying in the
daylight.
Lou

There's always plan A, subpart 1(b), change 5, also known as keeping
one's options open: install wiring and any widgets that will be
difficult to access later. This way you can always add lighting later.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired