Old May 10th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_3_]

Default When did the OLC rules change on submission?

Also, I believe the scoring period cannot be longer than 2.5 hours. A
longer scoring period might result in a higher average speed.

On 5/10/2010 1:20 PM, Ramy wrote:
Not exactly. The OLC speed league score is around 3TP (not the normal
5TP). Finish altitude can not be lower than start altitude which means
that your score may get severly penalized if OLC can not find a 2.5
hours period with same finish altitude or higher. Not sure why thy did
not use the standard 1000m allowance.

Ramy

MaD wrote:
On 6 Mai, 21:05, wrote:
I believe the Tuesday rule exists so that the "Bundesliga" contest can
be scored. This is a competition amongst the German soaring clubs that
is hard fought and very competiteve! I think the fastest 3 hours of a
flight on Saturday and Sunday are scored for a club from their
airfield. Lots of beer rests on the weekly outcome!

Not only Germany, it runs in several countries and also
internationally:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...C0&sc=&sp=2010

The fastest 2.5hours of the flight around the normal OLC turnpoints
with finish and start at same altitude.

Regards
Marcel