Old March 22nd 20, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Coronavirus impacting activities?

On 3/22/20 12:57 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:16:29 -0600, kinsell wrote:

On 3/22/20 9:59 AM, 2G wrote:
On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 3:00:05 AM UTC-7, Don Johnstone wrote:
At 06:12 22 March 2020, 2G wrote:

LOL! My county (Benton, WA) also had ZERO cases less than a week
ago: as
of=
today it has 3 deaths and 11 cases. I repeat, lack of symptoms DOES
NOT
me=
an no infection: just go ask your cousin!

BTW, you're welcome.

Tom

Tom, you are banging your head against a thick wall mate. There are
those in this world who will refuse to do what they are asked to do,
find excuses why they know better and just carry on despite the harm
that they may do to others. I believe you have a name for them over
your side of the pond.
They are insignificant little people in all ways except the harm they
do to others, best to ignore them completely and hope Darwinism will
eventually prevail.

Don,

You are right, of course. I guess I am an eternal optimist: even if I
can't sway the mind of someone as obstinate as Cowgirl, I just might
plant a seed in someone else who reads these posts but is silent.
Personally, I have been struck the extremely contagious nature of CV
that necessitates these extreme actions. And I even got Cowgirl to talk
to her cousin at the CDC.

Tom

Cowgirl occasionally signs his/her/its postings as "Dan", so not clear
what his/her/its pronouns are. Best to just get a decent usenet reader,
and put whatever in the kill file.

The currently popular pronoun when gender is unknown seems to be 'they'.

Dunno if I like it all that much but at least its inoffensive and seems
to be the politically correct flavour of the month round here. Its used
by both 'New Scientist' and 'The Register'. The latter snarks more than
the former.

Being inoffensive to Unique is of no particular concern, I just get my
news from the Babylon Bee, which puts The Register to shame in the
snarkiness department. Nice thing about killfiles is they work equally
well on all 58 genders. They don't discriminate.

https://babylonbee.com/news/springbr...spell-out-yolo