Old January 17th 04, 11:36 PM
Andy Durbin

(JJ Sinclair) wrote in message ...
I would like to know the approximate position of the front seat
airbrake handle with wheel brake applied.

Andy,
The wheel brake on the G-103 is set so that it comes on just before the air
brakes are fully open. If you move the wheel brake starting point forward, you
won't be able to get full air brake deflection. I would stay with the factory
specs and adjust seating position to allow full use of all controls.
JJ Sinclair

Hi JJ,

Yes I'm aware of all that. I wasn't proposing to change anything
since it's not my glider. I don't have any factory specs so all I
wanted to know was the typical handle position when the wheel brake
comes on. The relationship between airbrake extension and wheel brake
operating point is not a problem.

Changing the seating position will not solve the problem. I can't
work the wheel brake effectively with the seat all the way back. I'm
over 6ft tall.

Andy