Old May 13th 16, 09:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Werker SLA batteries? (... better than PowerSonic?)

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 12:20:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:

PowerSonic batteries are made in China and they do indeed SUCK. I will no longer use them in medical devices. I use Werker batteries and they last far longer and work much better. As the name implies they must be made in Germany and just like a VW, run forever.

"Werker" may have sounded German, but that's as far at it went. Werker was a store brand name at Batteries Plus. Now Batteries + Bulbs, and have apparently dropped the name Werker.

If you blow the picture at the link up, you can clearly see this Werker SLA is "made in china" - - probably at the very same factory all the other 12 volt 7 to 10 AH SLA's are made!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WKA12-7F-12V...-/191412460050

Switching to LiFePO4.

bumper