Old May 28th 05, 03:43 AM
O. Sami Saydjari

Thanks. Is there a Riley Rocket version for the T310R? -Sami

Nathan Young wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:12:57 -0500, "O. Sami Saydjari"
wrote:

Does anyone know anything about the "Riley Rocket" version of the Cessna
Turbo 310? I am getting claims of "260 KTAS at 20,000 feet burning only
24 gph total." Does that make sense? Seems a little too good to be
true. Does anyone have actual experience with a Riley Rocket that
matches this experience.

The Riley turbo rocket uses twin (manual) turbos per engine to allow
near 100% power output at high altitudes. Considering these are 290hp
engines, there is no way 24gph total is going to cut it. Probably
more like 24gph per engine.

If you have a fuel totalizer in your Arrow, think about how much fuel
you burn on climbout, and then imagine operating the engine that way
at cruise.

The 260ktas claim is good though... Everyone who has one says it will
do 300mph (260kts), although the number 25,000 feet sticks in my head
not 20,000.

-Nathan