Old November 16th 03, 04:23 AM
News Groups

According to the IAPR B-52J was a Boeing proposed re-engining with RR
turbofans to increase range save gas you know all that stuff. 10 years ago
it may have been financially viable. Too short a life left in the planes to
recoup the investment. Never went passed the drawing board.

"Frank" wrote in message
om...
Ken Duffey wrote in message

The postman just delivered IAPR Vol 9 - so I thought I'd share the
contents with and go into smug mode 'cos I got mine and you aint !!

Contents list....

Air Power Intelligence
News Report - Operation Iraqi Freedom (yawn!)
Debrief
Aerostar's MiG-21 Upgrades
Swiss AF Wartime Bases
NATO Peacekeepers over Afghanistan
Focus Aircraft - Dassault Mirage 2000 (yawn!)
Photo Report - Botswana Defence Force
Air Power Analysis - Former Yugosvalia Part 2 Serbia & Montenegro,
Slovenia
Special Feature - PfP Helos
Variant File - B-52 Stratofortress Part 2 (B-52D to B-52J)
Combat Colours - Thunder over Italy (colourful Italian jets)
Warplane Classis - Tupolev Tu-16 'Badger'
Combat Colours - Before Barbarossa (colour pics of Luftwaffe)
Type Analysis - Westland Wyvern.

Now I usually look forward to the arrival of a new volume of IAPR - but
this one is very disappointing.

Operation Iraqi Freedom has already been covered in the monthly mags
(AFM, Air International etc) - and I don't think this piece adds
anything new.

I suppose that is one of the problems with a quarterly publication - by
the time it hits the shops, the news stuff is way out of date.

I can just about live with that - but IAPR are pulling my plonker with
the Tu-16 article !!!

I glanced through it - and thought "this looks familar - they have
re-worked their previous stuff" - but no, they haven't even bothered to
reformat it or add a couple of new pics - it is a straight lift from
their already published hardback 'Tupolev Bombers' - which itself was a
regurgitation of articles from previous IAPR and WAPJ's.

I now have the Badger article THREE times !!

Come on Airtime, if you want my custom in future, stop re-publishing the
same stuff !!

Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast
Flankers Website - http://www.flankers.co.uk/

Mine hasn't come yet. B-52J? "J"??