Old March 26th 13, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.aviation.military,talk.politics.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Transition Zone

Default Is the 787 a failure ?

On Mar 24, 8:58*am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in ...

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Just so you know, my chemistry degree is academic and a very good
general science foundation but my electronics education came from
the
Army, the lab bench and the factory floor, testing and repairing
medical and EV batteries for example.

Many times I've been the unfortunate designated stuckee who
connects
Engineering to Production, turns dreams into practical working
hardware, and has to tolerate abuse and resentment from both sides.

* Been there, done that. *You have my sympathy.

The production ladies became very cooperative once they realized I
would listen to and respect their advice. The male Production Manager
was another story. That is a revolving-door job like programmer, ad
copy writer and salesman, and I'm not dumb enough to take it on,
though I may have made them feel threatened that I might. In a high
tech organization the staff with a business rather than scientific
education always seemed nervous and defensive about their job
security. They may bluster and pretend like TZ but like him they

can't
hide their ignorance for long.

Yep, Jim Wilkins brought 20 solid years of fussing like a worthless 5
year-old. (I bet he's proud)