Old December 27th 04, 11:08 PM
Denny

Just got off the phone with Steve... The replacement carburetor from
Kelly Aerospace came late Friday, so being Christmas Eve he hung it on
the plane and went home without calling me.. Today he finished the hook
up and pushed the plane out to start it.. The bottom line is the
replacement, zero timed, CERTIFIED, carburetor leaks even worse than
the one we sent back as defective - dumped fuel all over the ground the
instant he hit the boost pump, and he aborted the start... He called
Kelly Aerospace and they told him to open the carburetor and see what
the problem is... Jeez, the original, worn out carb didn't dump fuel
on the ground and was flyable as long as you paid attention to the
EGT... The only thing I can do is laugh as the labor bill keeps going
up...

I asked Steve how long he has been wrenching on airplanes... He said
more than 40 years... I asked him if he had ever had two zero timed,
carburetors in a row be defective... He said no... I'm waiting for a
call back on what he found but it's after 6PM and I'm going home, so
thought I would post this update...
Denny