Old November 22nd 03, 02:17 PM
Dan Thompson

My view after flying out of Addison for 11 years now is to avoid McKinney,
Mesquite and Denton like the plague. They are just too busy with VFR pukes
on nice days. What's the point of a practice ILS if you have to break it
off 3 miles out to avoid pattern traffic? Unless you are in something slow
like a Piper Cub you can be over to Alliance or Greenville in only a few
more minutes and get all the practice you want.

"Anyone" wrote in message
McKinney (TKI) and Mesquite (HQZ). McKinney tower does a good job.

There's
one guy who's rude and can be a pain in the ass but I still like going

there
for approaches. On final for rwy-17 about a mile out there's a gutted

twin.
It reminds me to land better. Speaking of which, the winds there usually
change directions twice. There are 3 windsocks, appraoch, mid-field, and
departure, and they almost always point in different directions.

"Genny" wrote in message
Where do ya'll like to go for practice approaches to get current ?