Old October 31st 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack

Default Discus verus Discus 2, LS8, ASW 28

Tom Smith wrote:
Tom,

I'm happy to see that you share my view that the DG-303
is incomparably
better than the rest of the standard class field, and
that any disparity
in competition achievement is probably due to the relative
quality of
the pilots and/or numbers of aircraft built.

Jack,

You’re clearly suffering from a serious case of delusion!

Your equating the DG-303 with the 2006 Carerra GT in
their respective
fields was apt indeed, though the 'turd' reference
was perhaps a little
harsh on the competition.

I note that you are not a member of SSA. From what
material does one
usually build a glider in your corner of the universe?

Funny you should ask; the rest of the universe has
been wondering the same thing about your corner. We
had concluded that your glider manufacturers had discovered
how to isolate and work the ugly atom. Perhaps you
could confirm or dispel these rumours.

Many thanks,

Tom

See:

http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/

http://www.glidersport.net/

http://www.continuo.com/marske/

http://www.agcsc.org/sgs_1_34_info.html

http://www.windward-performance.com/

http://www.ssa.org/JohnsonLWBX/Genesis2%202000-03.pdf

The problem is not a lack of appreciation for either aerodynamics or
aesthetics, but a matter of production costs and exchange rates. Those
challenges will be overcome.

Jack