Old June 14th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Default Jay - You guys under water?

Jay Honeck wrote:

The American Barnstormers Tour, an event we worked on for six months
(and for which we provided primary sponsorship) has been cancelled.

I see Ames got it early because of your loss. They had some flooding
too, though, didn't they?

This catastrophe -- the worst natural disaster in Iowa history -- has
been an awful, slow-motion freight train crashing, like watching a
freighter heading toward the Golden Gate Bridge. Nothing and no one can
stop it.

Glad you're safe, and won't lose everything even if it continues to get
worse. I've got old friends who spent their time between work shifts in
Des Moines sandbagging. I'd be too, if I hadn't moved out to the edge
of the continent last year.
Stay safe and warm. You're the most important thing to keep secure from
the floodwaters.