Old October 21st 18, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Blanik L-13 Fly Again

N90846 flew on 10/18/18 after about 10 years of being grounded by an AD that covered around 850 worldwide including approx. 125 in the USA. Due to Greg Mecklenburg’s efforts starting two years ago the FAA approved a repair. (See the article in SOARING a couple of months ago). Three gliders were crammed into a shipping container and sent to the Blanik factory in Prague last Feb. and returned mid Sept. they are like new gliders with total overhauls and lifetime limits extended to 6,000 hours. After completing an annual inspection this last Tuesday and getting the paperwork signed I took mine up for a test flight. By the end of the afternoon we did six launches including a BFR for a friend.
Tom
Boise Pilot