Old January 25th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Default Strap-on headlamps and their ilk

On 1/25/2007 1:05:22 PM, "Casey Wilson" wrote:

I vaguely recall there being some adverse criticism about the inability
to control what was perceived as "too bright." Is that still the case? Or
have the devices improved since then?

I have an Eveready LED headlight that includes both a red and a white light
selection. I think I paid $12 for the unit. The red light is perfect for
night flight and reading approach plates.

If you use one, do you strap it on before takeoff? Or wait until it is
needed to put it on?

I put it on before takeoff since I like it under my headset.

Do you put in on under or over your headset? In either
case, how long can you tolerate it?

I have had no problems going 2 or 3 hours with it. Over time I have loosened
the band to a very loose setting since that relieves the pressure, making it
quite tolerable.

--
Peter