Old April 23rd 05, 06:19 PM
Chris

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article , Chris wrote:
IFR is not a big issue in Europe for the private pilot. So expensive IFR
systems like WAAS and GPS enabled approaches are irrelevant. Its
interesting
that the much hailed Cirrus cannot fly IFR in much of European airspace
and
in the UK its just a VFR machine.

That's due to assinine regulations put out by our "beloved" CAA. That's
why Cirrus airplanes in Britain are all on the N-register. Indeed, if I
was interested in buying an IFR plane, regardless of what it was (even
if it was a Diamond) I'd have it on the N register to avoid the stupid,
pointless CAA regulations that *decrease* safety, not increase it.

But even a Cirrus on the N register is not legit, no DME, no ADF, no f*****g
good.