Old November 28th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Get a ferry permit, or just fly it?

"john smith" wrote

Wingtip strobe is not a structural part and is not required for day VFR
flight. No structural damage so safety of flight is not an issue.

I thought that violated something about not having anything attached to the
exterior of the aircraft that was not originally there, or attached in a manner
that it was not originally attached. Duct tape is not how it was in original
condition.

I think that is the same bit that they can get you on for flying with, say, an
exterior camera tapped to a strut brace, or something like that.

Or am I imagining something I heard again? g I can never tell. :-)
--
Jim in NC