Old July 30th 03, 01:04 PM
Mike Long

Good aircraft maintenance people are at a shortage in our industry and
my friends who run shops often are looking for good people. In other
words, I believe you'd find good work if able and willing to move
where the jobs are.

The two links below are schools I know of but, unfortunately, I don't
know the curriculum or quality of the schools, just the names. Check
any school out very well. The ATA fiasco should teach us all to be
careful who we give our money to. If you need financial assistance, it
should be available. www.salliemae.com would be a good place to start
looking for $$$.

http://www.tidetech.com (4 or 5 locations)

http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aerojava/career33.htm (Miami, FL)

Good luck!

Mike

(Joe Peters) wrote in message om...
I am 19 years old. After I graduated hi-school, I went to work
full-time as a technician at a GM dealership. I never went to college
or anything like that, but I did complete a 2-year course during
school. I would say that I have learned an awful lot. I have aquired a
few certifications and have completed some courses prescribed by
General Motors. But still, there's much more to learn, and learning
new stuff is getting hard these days, as they try to push as many
oil-changes out the door as is possible. Being the youngest, who do
you think gets the BS work??? The pay, and potential future pay, is
also far less than desirable. I really have to sit back and think if
this is for me...

I can tolerate it. It's a job. It's a paycheck. It just isn't very
fulfilling.

Working on aircraft sounds much more fulfilling, and I am willing to
enroll in any type of school that would offer such training. I just
need some information. First of all, does such a school exist? Is
there a place where I can bypass unrelated, general studies, and
immediately start learning about aircraft??? How long would the
training last, and what is the job outlook like? Can anyone list any
schools???