Old December 15th 05, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:34:35 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

Jim,

Check out http://www.realgoods.com/renew/index.cfm They have a store near
you and also catalog that is very informative on sustainable, off-grid
living and systems.

I've had my reservations about RG ever since they endorsed those
piezoelectric washing-machine tablets.

More than anything though, CE/UL-approved grid-connect inverters (ok
AND EU subsidies, especially in Germany) are helping to increase cell
and panel manufacturing capacity. Which is essential to driving down
cost. I think off-the-grid is fine for hangars and folks in Idaho
with acres and acres of acres, but grid-connect is where the volume
is.

Don