Old June 27th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default Removing Narco Radios

Also, if you still are having trouble pulling out the radio after turning
the allen wrench CCW, try also removing the radio in the stack above the one
you need to remove. Sometimes this allows a stuck locking dog to move
freely.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

It is not work that kills men; it is worry. Worry is rust upon the blade.
"Steve - KDMW" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know to remove a Narco radio (Com 810) there is a hole and you
insert a key... kind of like opening a CD-ROM tray with it powered
off. So, my question is, if I don't have this key, what makes a good
substitute? I tried using a 2" jewelers phillips screwdriver but it
apparently wasn't long enough. Is it just a matter of getting
something longer or is there a special shape to this key?

Steve
KDMW