Old June 27th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Removing Narco Radios

On Jun 26, 12:29 pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:
I know to remove a Narco radio (Com 810) there is a hole and you
insert a key... kind of like opening a CD-ROM tray with it powered
off. So, my question is, if I don't have this key, what makes a good
substitute? I tried using a 2" jewelers phillips screwdriver but it
apparently wasn't long enough. Is it just a matter of getting
something longer or is there a special shape to this key?

Steve
KDMW

I would think that if you have a relationship with an avionics ship
(probably where you do your transponder cert every 2 years) they would
remove it without charge.

-Robert