Old June 27th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JB

Default Removing Narco Radios

On Jun 27, 3:19 pm, Ross wrote:
Steve - KDMW wrote:
I know to remove a Narco radio (Com 810) there is a hole and you
insert a key... kind of like opening a CD-ROM tray with it powered
off. So, my question is, if I don't have this key, what makes a good
substitute? I tried using a 2" jewelers phillips screwdriver but it
apparently wasn't long enough. Is it just a matter of getting
something longer or is there a special shape to this key?

Steve
KDMW

I do not know about he Com 810, but on the MK 12Ds it is just a stiff
pin that is inserted into the hole to move the catches out of the way
and let the radio slide out. One of mine is a little sticky and you
havea to have it in just right. The other one is no problem.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

For the Mark12D (or D+), a piece of coat hanger works perfectly!
Bend the end 90d so it doesn't go into your wrist! :-)

--Jeff