Old June 26th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Le Chaud Lapin

Default Future of Electronics In Aviation

On 2008-06-26, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

He also showed me a miniature camera with 700+x400+ (forget exact
resolution). *Cost was about $100. I asked him if such a device could
be mounted on GA aircraft

If it's small duct tape will do as a mounting :-) I've used a similar
camera (it's about the size of a large thing of lipstick, hence is
called a 'lipstick camera') on planes and racing motorcycles.

Some examples (although the quality will be somewhat degraded by
youtube):http://www.youtube.com/user/74HC138

74HC138? You EE too?

I also now have a completely self contained camera which cost (in US
money) about $70. Records to an SD card. It's not as good quality as the
lipstick camera, but it weighs only 35 grams and fits on a radio
controlled helicopter.

Well, I watched all your YouTube videos over breakfast this morning.

I guess you already know that you could have probably had a career as
a movie director.

Very very nice!

-Le Chaud Lapin-