Old February 9th 12, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default New Butterfly Vario

On Feb 9, 1:17*pm, Mike the Strike wrote:
*Even the "gentleman's agreement" doesn't
work to control this. *I have been in and around enough contests to
see this frequently and (at least after a few beers) most contest
pilots will fess up! *I have seen more than one of the names high on
the ranking list sneaking out of the side of a cumulus!

Then you have a problem. Your options would appear to be peer
pressure or the safety box.

I'm not really a safety monkey (I'd go back to zero height finish
lines in a heartbeat), but I chafe badly when confronted with
borderline suicidal behavior. This is one such instance. I'd be
absolutely ripped if I had a really good day, stayed legal, got beat
by some jackass cloud flying.

-Evan Ludeman / T8