Old February 13th 04, 01:46 AM
Michael

Peter R. wrote
In my case, I am considering moving up to one, which would also be my first
transition to a complex aircraft, so I am going to need to rent a dual yoke
for the instructor.

Be careful when you do. Real Bonanza yokes are scarcer then hen's
teeth, and a lot of less-than-scrupulous operators will rent you a
Baron yoke. It fits - but it doesn't fit correctly.

Further, there are instructors who have special dispensation (an
exemption, I think) to teach with throwover yokes outside the special
case of instrument instruction in a single. I know there is such an
exemption for Barons, and I would be surprised if there weren't one
for a complex endorsement in a Bonanza. You really ought to check
with the Bonanza society before you go to the trouble and expense of
renting a double yoke.

Michael