Old May 13th 04, 05:30 PM
Dale

In article ,
"G.R. Patterson III" wrote:

As of today, EAA still denies this. They state that videos indicate that the
gear was
not completely down when the plane landed.

I guess that's possible. Would have to be a real good quality video
since you'd have to be able to see if the scissor is overcenter.

And, if they weren't down and locked the crew either wasn't doing their
job or their procedures were bad. You can look at the gear from the
cockpit and tell if it is locked down. That was our procedure on gear
extension...a visual check that the gear was down and locked.

And again, might odd that both gear suffered the same failure at the
same time since they are separate systems....only common thing being the
switch in the cockpit. And just because one gear fails there is no
reason for the "good" gear to collapse....lots of cases of B-17s landing
with only one gear down.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html