Old August 18th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default I would like to find a place to volunteer my time

In my neck of the woods, if you can rassle a 50 pound bag of charcoal and
stand sweating over a hot grill for two hours flipping pancakes, it matters
little what optional equipment you have on board your body.

Jim

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Jim Carter wrote:
As Jim suggested, check with the Civil Air Patrol. We are losing a lot
of our members who were flyers in Korea and 'Nam because of age and
infirmities.

Since you mention this, I'll ask....would a 20-something female fit in at
all? I've been thinking about it, and really am not afraid of being the
only woman (I work in the industry, and rarely see women) but I always got
a feeling it was an old boys club. True?