Old May 31st 20, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Ethridge

Default Private airport or small field for landout?

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 12:29:21 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
You don't need to climb high enough to reach the next field.Â* A good way
to fly early cross country is to climb and go out on course. Keep the
field you left within reach as you climb and travel to the next field.Â*
When the next field is in reach, you can let go of the previous field
and proceed.Â* Repeat the process from field to field and before long,
you'll be stretching your wings.

Oh, and read Helmut Reichmann's book, "Streckensegelflug" (I hope I
spelled that correctly).Â* It translates to "Cross-Country Gliding". The
best book on soaring that I've ever read.
--
Dan, 5J

Good point!

I just bought Reichmann's book (English version).

Ben