Old November 14th 04, 05:21 AM
Les Ward

I just recently talked to a CFI about doing a BFR and during the
conversation he stated that his " job " would be to stress me out.
You know cross wind landings etc. Here where I live CFI,s are rather
limited. I sure didn,t think that was the way to begin a
student/Instructor relationship!!!
Aloha, Les Ward

doc wrote:
are awfully hard to find.

I just "interviewed" a couple at local flight schools by taking little
flights with them, ostensibly just for rust removal.

There's no way I'd hire them for instrument training. It is
tough to find an instructor who really knows his stuff, is a good
teacher and is congenial enough that I'd be willing to spend 10's of
hours in a cockpit with him/her.

Just an observation. I don't expect anyone to have a solution.