Old April 3rd 18, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Ventus 2 compared to Discus besides the obvious

The Ventus 2a/b is one of the best handling gliders ever made. I have about 800 hours in mine. It is similar to the D2, but with all the advantages of flaps. I owned a Ventus b before my V2 and the V2 handles much better and has a better feel for the air. The wing is a little softer than the earlier Ventus and gives a nicer ride. In weak conditions nothing compares to the V2. In the US the Ventus 2 is underrated for some reason. It will run with the 27/29-15 and out climb them. At current prices they are bargains in the US. The Vx models are slightly better, but an a/b with the MM2 winglets is as good or better than an x.