Old March 25th 04, 05:46 PM
Peter Duniho

"John T" wrote in message
ws.com...
[...] You're saying Mark can't offer or accept a request from me to
take me to Little Airport unless he were specifically going to that

airport?

No, he's not saying that.

I understand your "commonality clause" argument, but it seems you're

taking
it's interpretation to an extreme. I find it difficult to believe that

even
the FAA would say pilots can't offer to help other pilots in need of
transportation to/from stranded planes.

No problem, because they don't say that.

The problem is when Mark receives ANY money for the flight. Even pro-rata
sharing is not allowed if there was no "commonality of purpose".

If Mark pays for the flight himself, he's allowed to volunteer his time and
money however he likes.

Pete