Old July 27th 03, 02:14 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Sam wrote:

Looks like a pretty good site to me! I wouldn't worry too much about
apologizing... People in this group advertise their hotels and such
all the time. This is one of the most cliquish newgroups I have ever
seen though, so you may get ripped on unless you "belong".

Well, I don't know what you read, but people who "belong"
seem to get "ripped on" at regular intervals too, hee hee.
This is USENET, no one is immune unless they post 100% on-topic
in accord with the newsgroup charter and are uniformly polite.

In which case someone would probably rip on them for being
boring

I would personally prefer not to see advertisements in this
group, but IMHO objecting on-group tends to produce a longer,
more disruptive thread than just letting it slide.

Cheers,
Sydney