Old June 1st 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gary

Default Continental E-225-4 question

Gary,

You are confusing methanol with ethanol.

Neither is approved for aviation fuel usage.

Both are hydroscopic -- methanol more than ethanol.

Both have materials incompatibilities.

Both increase fuel consumption and reduce power.

Ethanol is the alcohol of choice (Per Archer-Daniels Midland) for
gasohol. It is also the stuff you drink. Methanol will destroy your eyes.

Yup, you are absolutely right. After I hit the return key I realized
my mistake. Grain alcohol (i.e. moonshine) is used in Gasoline, hence
the increase in corn prices. Not denatured alcohol (e.g. Methanol).